Difference between revisions of "Media"
(→Hero Factory Story: "upgraded to be equipped" sounds silly.)
|Line 67:||Line 67:|
Magazines have been an important medium for promoting the Hero Factory story. Many Hero Factory features are included in the official LEGO Club Magazine and LEGO BrickMaster Magazine. Additional magazines include the ''[[Hero Factory Promotional Magazine]]'' and the ''[[Makuhero
Magazines have been an important medium for promoting the Hero Factory story. Many Hero Factory features are included in the official LEGO Club Magazine and LEGO BrickMaster Magazine. Additional magazines include the ''[[Hero Factory Promotional Magazine]]'' and the ''[[Makuhero ]]'', published as bonus material for subscribers to the LEGO Club or LEGO BrickMaster magazines.
Revision as of 12:41, 10 July 2012
Hero Factory utilizes various forms of multimedia in order to disseminate the story and promote the sets.
Hero Factory Story
The story for the Hero Factory toy line is divided into segments, with a new story wave occurring every six months.
- Story Year Late 2010: Rise of the Rookies - The introductory chapter, featuring rookies William Furno, Natalie Breez, and Mark Surge, as they and the Alpha 1 Team deal with a menace from team leader Preston Stormer's past.
- Story Year Early 2011: Ordeal of Fire - The second storyline, where a new threat overwhelms the Alpha 1 Team, forcing them to undergo a risky process in order to gain the power necessary to overcome their enemies.
- Story Year Late 2011: Savage Planet - The storyline takes place on the techno-organic planet Quatros, where Witch Doctor is illegally mining Quaza to gain power. The Heroes are equipped with animal-like equipment to survive on this damaged planet.
- Story Year Early 2012: Breakout - A mass breakout of villains from the Hero Factory occurs, and each Hero suits up to take on a villain for individual missions.
A website was developed for the toy line, and serves as the main hub for interactive story material.
The HeroPad is a feature on HeroFactory.com that allows users to enter codes and access rewards.
On HeroFactory.com, there are a number of animations which either serve as introductions to the storyline or promote the various sets.
Multiple online games are available to play as characters in the Hero Factory story, or as your own custom hero.
The Hero Recon Team website has story information regarding the Recon Team in addition to its main feature, an online application that allows users to design and purchase custom-designed sets representing Recon Team agents.
There are multiple non-LEGO websites that advertise and contain Hero Factory content.
YTV, a Canadian youth television station, constructed a microsite for the Hero Factory line, featuring online versions of the comics (as well as the exclusive copy of Comic 3: The Enemy Within), games, and other activities and information about Hero Factory.
A site hosted by Toys "R" Us, a popular toy store chain. The site displays online versions of Hero Factory comics, and advertises several links to HeroFactory.com. There is also a leaflet for the late-2011 sets.
Argos is a large general-goods retailer in the United Kingdom. As part of their "Kids World" section they have a microsite for the Hero Factory line. The site features character bios for all of the sets released in Winter of 2011, as well as stats for them, and links to various downloads like screensavers.
Cartoon Network's UK site has several microsites for various shows that it airs, including Hero Factory. The site advertises the 3.0 Heroes, for the premier of the Savage Planet episodes.
The Hero Factory story has been presented through comics. The six comics in the main series are based off the scripts for the Television Episodes, but other comics not connected to the main continuity have been released.
Two activity books were intended to be released promoting the Hero Factory story in 2010. These books, translated into Polish language, were going to be published by the AMEET publishing company.
- Hero Factory: To Serve And Protect
- Hero Factory: Galaxy's Most Wanted
In addition, an English language activity book was made available on the LEGO Shop:
- 853083 Hero Factory Mission Log Book
Several new books devoted to untold aspects of the Hero Factory story will be released in 2012, written by Greg Farshtey.
- Hero Factory: Mission #1: The Doom Box
- Hero Factory: Mission #2: Legion of Darkness
Magazines have been an important medium for promoting the Hero Factory story. Many Hero Factory features are included in the official LEGO Club Magazine and LEGO BrickMaster Magazine. Additional magazines include the Hero Factory Promotional Magazine, the Makuhero Star and also the Makuhero Times, published as bonus material for subscribers to the LEGO Club or LEGO BrickMaster magazines.
For BIONICLE fansite BZPower's 53rd BIONICLE-Based Creations contest, entrants were asked to build a robot creation, which instead of being voted upon by the members, was to be judged by LEGO. Member created the winning entry, which he called Silver. The robot later appeared in the Hero Factory Television Episodes as a robotic menace from Stormer's past.